The following information about compounding is designed to help you understand the process and how this service may benefit you.
At Bill's Prescription Center, we realize that it can be difficult to understand all the specifics involved in creating medications prescribed by your physician. That's why we want to give you a little information about this process and hopefully provide the answers you are looking for.
Compounding is the process used to create a medication that is individualized to meet the unique needs of the patient. This is accomplished by establishing a triad relationship between the patient, pharmacist and physician.
Since 1956, we have provided compounding services for the greater Brandon area. We are proud to be your Brandon Pharmacy Compounding solution.
Compounding services may be required for:
- Patients who need a dose of a medicine that differs from what is readily available (i.e. infants).
- Patients who need a prescription in a different form, such as changing a capsule or a tablet or powder into a liquid.
- Patients who cannot swallow may need a medicine with an alternate route (i.e. transdermal, rectal).
- Patients with allergies to dyes, preservatives, alcohol, or those that need a sugar-free medicine.
- Patients who need a medication that has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
- Patients who need individualized doses of biodentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT).
- Children who need a flavoring added so the medicine doesn't taste so badly.
We offer compounded medications in the following formulations:
- Topical Creams, Ointments, and Gels
- Rectal and Vaginal Suppositories
- Solutions and Suspensions
- Sublingual Drops
- Nasal Sprays
- Mouth Sprays and Mouthwashes
- Ophthalmic Drops
We also offer veterinary compounding services. We have relationships with numerous veterinary clinics that rely on our services for their clients. We compound for a variety of different animals, mainly dogs, cats, birds, and horses.
We are also specialized in the following areas:
- Pain management
- Ophthalmic drops
- Dental Preparations
- Hospice medications
- Respiratory treatments
In most cases, we can have your compounded medication ready for pick-up within 24 hours and we deliver to those that may not be able to get to our pharmacy. We believe the one thing that truly sets us apart is that we treat you like a member of our family, because to us, you are. We have a strong returning customer base and that is because we care about our patients.